Who are we?
ASD Build is a chartered building company based in South Wales & Nottingham.
As a principal contractor we also have experience in cladding remediation work. Our team at ASD consist of registered building and fire engineers who have direct access to external fire consultants who ultimately provide a full construction package to enable the remediation & replacement of external combustible cladding systems in the UK.
Why use ASD?
- £10m Professional Indemnity in place for remediation of combustible cladding and associated works
- Experienced specialist administration service to assist with your building safety fund grant application
- Director involvement throughout the contract
- A dedicated ASD client and resident officer to liaise with homeowners / tenants during the project
- If there are any unexpected issues an ASD Senior Manager will provide clear and productive communication offering solutions
- Fast and effective response times at all stages of the process with a dedicated project manager
- ASD engage with high quality contractors with robust systems in place
- ASD identify and select high quality scaffolders with a compliant scaffolder’s design
- Engagement and ownership of building control legislation, compliance & certifications
- A digital handover system incorporating all test certifications relevant to the remediation of the building & re-cladding works. Full wind analysis drawings, bluetooth pull tests of cladding system, as built drawings and full H&S file for handover to our clients
- ASD Build employs engineers who are registered with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE) and The Institution of Fire Engineers, who oversee the technical design of the remediation works. ASD Build are not only a chartered registered company with the CIOB but we are also members with the Insulated Render and Cladding Association (INCA) and Federation of Master Builders (FMB)
- Effectively control the full management of the building survey & EWS1 report
- Utilise our high-quality designers and appropriate consultants registered with ASD through our PQQ system
- Preconstruction engagement with the client and any external design team at pre commencement stage
- Formulate a full contractor’s design to enable remediation works, which can take up to 12 weeks. To speed up the overall process ASD will start this process at the preferred bidder stage or a form of engagement pre contract has been secured
- We can act as the principal designer during the design stage implementing construction design management (CDM 2015) or work as principal designer in the construction stage
Aquila House – Cardiff Bay
The two residential buildings in Cardiff Bay are both up to 18 stories high. The work entails the remediation to the building fabric, replacement of an existing timber cladding system and roofing works. As part of the pre-construction works, we delivered the contractor’s design to meet legislation with Non-Combustible Rockwool products plus a James Hardie Cladding System supplied by Encon. The contractor’s design was accepted by the client’s designers and Cardiff Council Building Control. As part of our systematic work the cladding system will go through rigorous pull test analysis delivered and recorded by an ASD certified engineer. ASD Build is extremely proud to be chosen in a robust tender process overseen by the Welsh Government to deliver this contract. Site mobilisation started in March 2021 with a 12-month D&B contract in place for handover in March 2022.
Galleon House – Cardiff Bay
The nature of this project consists of the timber cladding replacement on a high-rise building located in Cardiff Bay. The building known as ‘Galleon House’ is a social housing apartment block, comprising of 47 apartments over 7 storeys.
- ASD is delivering the timber cladding removal and recladding of Galleon House for our clients Cardiff Community Housing Association, we have produced a full insurance backed contractor’s design at pre-construction stage to enable full compliance. The building will be occupied for the duration of the project and ASD Build will be putting in place additional measures to minimise disruption to residents as much as possible. Work began in September 2021 and was completed in December 2021. The logistics involved in this project has required careful planning with ASD Build taking an integrated approach to ensure the project is executed correctly. It has been identified by our fire consultants that the existing material poses a potential fire risk, in partnership with our Clients Cardiff Community Housing Association we have produced our contractor’s design to ensure buildability with the existing structure. The building will be occupied for the duration of the project and ASD Build will be putting in place additional measures to minimise disruption to residents as much as possible.
The point – nottingham
- The point is a medium – high rise residential building in the centre of Nottingham.
Following the EWS1 report which highlighted non-compliance, the ACM cladding and fire stopping materials will now be replaced with compliant fire rated materials. Our client is Encore Estate Management with Keegan’s Building Consultancy acting as the employers agent. We prepared and submitted a full contractor’s design to the client for approval in preparation for the construction phase starting January 2022 with the local authority providing the building control service. The 12 week program will be implemented with a tenant liaison officer in place.
The pinnacle – Northampton
The Pinnacle is a medium – high rise residential building in the centre of Northampton, the building is owned by our client Nottingham Community Housing Association.
ASD were instructed by the client to produce a EWS1 survey and a full roof conditioning report resulting in a contractors design from ASD for compliance replacement works. We will now as a result of the report and contractors design be replacing the HPL cladding, renewing the fire stopping whilst also carrying out roof renewal works. The 24 week Program will start in March 2022 with a tenant liaison officer in place.